Neptueg Atav
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapon choices for 25 froob doc.

3 posters

Go down

What weapon would one use if not Neleb for a 25 froob doc?

Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_lcap0%Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_lcap0%Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_lcap50%Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_lcap50%Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. Empty Weapon choices for 25 froob doc.

Post  Ota Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:42 pm

For some time I have been pondering on making a 25 doc to complement my 25 enf when he gets too trivial to play with or to duallog for some toddler rampage. The advantage that doc holds over enf at this lvl in my opinion, is that he's more like a godmode toon - Can't be killed as long as he regenerates his nano from Neleb's - than the enf is. The drawback on the other hand though, is that Neleb is impossible to 100% selfed, or at least that's what I thought until I saw this thread on aofroobs.com when I was looking for substitute weapons: Lvl 24 Froob Battlerod Doc 100%.

Now with that knowledge, I will probably just end up doing the same old boring build as everyone else has been doing ever since Neleb got in the game. But as always I still like to weigh the pros and cons of all my options anyway and I have prepared a list of weapons that also look potentially effective for a 25 froob doc albeit not as overpowered as Neleb.

Just as a reminder, Neleb's goes 100% on 280 2HB so it is this number that I'll be using as reference since doc has no weapon buffs and at lvl 25 all the different skills will be more or less equal. Links to the auno references are added on the weapon names.

Phase blade: Very easy to get two of these in TOTW. Very easy to get on 100%. Also docs at various lvls tend to use 1HE, so there must be good interaction in implants and it will be easier later on if one decides to carry on beyond lvl 25 and upgrade into a better 1HE weapon.

Nervejolter: This bears much resemblance to phase blade. It has some slight differences though. While the skills required to get them on are almost equal, nervejolter has the extra brawl skill that needs to be IP'ed/imp'ed. It makes up for this by being considerably faster and having more minimum dmg but also having a little less maximum dmg. It also has 10% chance to taunt which in this case of a 25 doc twink is probably not the worst thing. The thing not so relevant regarding figthing skill but more as a trying-to-be-unique thing, is that not so many players are aware of the existence of this so it would be more exotic.

Frozen tear of Uklesh: The big brother of the two aforementioned 1HE's. With a skill of 357 this is even steeper than Neleb so it would only be possible to get it on 75%. That takes 215 1HE, so a very easy task. Even on 75% it should have dmg output that can match the other 2 blades and on top of that it also has a ~13% chance to deal additional 398 dmg with a fancy graphical effect resembling an NT AOE nuking. It's as slow as phase blade and can be hard to attain in TOTW.

Fear-forged blade: The truly awesome thing about this piercing weapon is the immense AR mod it comes with, that allows the user to get a really high AR value to hit high lvl mobs. As the other 3 blades, it can also be dualwielded and it can fast attack. It also has sneak attack. It's a less used skill that just cause more IP to be spent.

Howling skull: the 1HB equivalent of phase blade from TOTW. Just with lower dmg but also capped at 1/1 speed. If running into any enfs, one can boost the AR considerably with headcracker or brutal thug. Also, it's a skull on a stick!

Skull of Woe/lamentation: As fast as howling skull and with a small 30 HP mod. The high reqs means that it will be 75% at 250 1HB and in case of a brutal thug it can become 100%.

Schuyler bow (QL 65): This has only the primary weapon skill and no specials so it's cheap in IPs. It's a slow weapon. The high dmg range can make it troublesome to do any significant dmg to higher lvl mobs and/or bosses.

SOL XII-P medical laser(QL 50): Profession specific weapon also with only the primary weapon skill. It has some nice mods that helps the doc heal more and faster. Low normal dmg is supported by a high crit value, so this laser, like the bow, is most effective against the smaller mobs.

SOL K-91 mini monster(QL 60): The pistol skill for doc is blue whereas all the other skills so far have been dark blue. that gives a slight boost in skill, but more importantly, it lowers the IP sinking. This pistol resembles the blades alot in skill amount required and in dmg output. the big difference is that it's ranged and as so needs another tactic to use.

Yatamutchy X-3 counter-sniper rifle(QL 70): This is one of the slower weapons. It has incredible range to make up for it's slowness in big areas. Also it has aimed shot, which is a good oneshot and then about a minute or more for cooldown.

Martial arts: One can also opt for the bare-knuckled figthing strategy. It will require MA skill which is blue like pistol, so again an IP saver. Brawling skill is dark blue though but as there's no OE'ing to worry about here, one can decide how much to invest into figthing skills. Also I'm inclined to think that one can use the TOTW chalice and still be figthing as MA. Allthough I'm not sure about this.

Other: There may be some weapons I haven't thought about, in which case I'd like to hear about those too.

I'd like to hear your input on the matter with the point being; what weapon would one use if not Neleb for a 25 froob doc? Now, I haven't specified breed as I'm not settled for anything specific yet and regarging weapon skills it's only a matter of 1 or 2 AR difference. If you have any input on breed too, I'd also like to hear about that. and please vote as well. Smile

Ota
Ota

Back to top Go down

Weapon choices for 25 froob doc. Empty Re: Weapon choices for 25 froob doc.

Post  Ankolsen Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 am

you're missing the ranged energy weapons - though they have the slight problem that they take up same slots in imps as other nice things - my 25 doc uses a typed kyr energy carabine - probbably not best choise - but looks cool cyclops
Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

https://neptuegatav.danskforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:10 am

Frozen tear ftw!

Better min dmg output is always a plus. Melee is always a plus too for a froob doc. ^^ and since 75% is only 215 req. that leaves IP for N&A (heals) and base abilities/nanopool.
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum