Neptueg Atav
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shops - A general clean out !!

5 posters

Go down

Shops - A general clean out !! Empty Shops - A general clean out !!

Post  Ankolsen Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:40 am

Shops need a general clean out - we're running short - and have been for a while... Cool

I have helped situation by deleting some before - but wo'nt do anymore - we need a major clean out !!!

First of all - shops work that way - that if toon owning has not been online for 30 days, checking shop actually,- shop dont show up on GMS searches !!
Do you really need a shop for all your toons on 2 accounts, or could less do ??

Not sure what to allow or do - but we need a clean up... badly.
Very Happy
Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

https://neptuegatav.danskforum.net

Back to top Go down

Shops - A general clean out !! Empty Re: Shops - A general clean out !!

Post  Ota Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:57 am

I suggest that some of the active poobs get a couple extra shops handed to them to be able to help us froobs put items on GMS. Maybe some of us old geezers can even throw 10% of the icome into city upkeep and pay our "depts" that way.

I know for fact that GMS can make you some nice CRs if you put the hot items up for sale, especially in these inflationary times, ppl seem to accept paying more and more for stuff they need.

I know it's easy for me to say that Poobs invest some of their precious time also babysitting GMS for froobs, and that's why it's only a suggestion. Not anything I would hold a grudge over if noone was willing to grant the services.

...A sidenote: Even tohugh I'm froob, I managed to make over 1B on GMS , having kind players like Morten and Danny lend me their bankspace. I'm grateful for that.
Ota
Ota

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 am

I'll take all phat loots not claimed kthxbai!!! :-D lol

I'm agreed. One shop per org user is plenty. I always used my mule toon to run my shop. Worked well :-)
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:52 am

On an added note, I agree with Ota in having Poobs set up a couple shops for froobs.

I've got room for about 5 shops I think. Hit me up if anyone needs a shop. Smile
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankolsen Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Honestly m8, I say the Shops that are inactive and Empty -- Delete them. Make room for others. If those people happen to come back online, they can re-rent a shop for their phats. Smile Sounds reasonable to me Smile
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankolsen Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:08 am

Easy - if I knew who's toons shop it was - but with alts - more than 1 account - lots of shops renamed - I do not.... sadly - wish I could... !! Laughing ^^

A drunken state of mind dont help - nerf me !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ftwHWw7uZA&feature=related

Last edited by Ankolsen on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 am

Well there has to be _some_ happy medium. Perhaps a News post on the bot giving people a month or so to report GSM shops to you (or someone assigned to the job). After the Month is up, take all the shops that arent on the list, and delete em. I mean, yea, it could be considered a tad harsh I suppose -- but considering some of those shops have sat empty for a long time with zero activity, it is justified, especially since there are active users who _really_ could use the shop space. As of now, there are Zero shops available for users.
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Ota Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 am

I was just informed that you can actually look inside other shops and see whether they are empty or not. With that in mind, I don't see the big issue here:

You take a round and remove all the empty shops belonging to toons you haven't seen for a long time and also those belonging to alts of present players unless there is a specific agreement that those players can have more than one shop - maybe if they do public org services like selling IS passes, Prisoner robes or tend to froobs in the org (I.E. my previous post). Apart from that I can't see why a player would need more than one shop besides from having luxury tendensies and being lazy.

I would bet that deleting all these shops and then granting the new NA'ers one shop each will still leave plenty of shops available in case those old players come back and need their shop back. There's little reason to believe that all the oldies will come back to reclaim all the shops, so IMO it solves the problem.

And while we have those extra shops standing, we can use them for additional org services as mentioned above and also have froobs put up items with the help of poobs.
Ota
Ota

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankolsen Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 am

Done all that before - a general sweep is needed - and NO !!! - i cant keep track of ppl's alts and their renamed shops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ
Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 am

Once the sweep out is complete, Make a rule that there will be no shop renaming -- so shops are easier to keep track of.
And a total sweep isnt necessary really -- just the empty inactive shops need to be removed.
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  osaa Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I think I have 3 or 4 shops and I am definitely not using all of them. I think only Enfosaa has something for sale right now. I will check them all and give up all but one.

Once the clearing out is done I don't mind opening a shop for Froobs.

osaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Just to help put this situation into perspective, there are 120 shops in the city - zero available. I know I havent been in this Org for long, but it seems there are definitely not 120 fully active members.
I personally have 6-7 paid toons that I am more then willing to set up shops for the active froobs in the org who need one. If and when these inactive shops are deleted, any froob who wants a shop, just ask me and I'll set up one for you -- with your main toons name as the shop name -- that way its nice and organized.
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankolsen Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 am

Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankolsen Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQlM59sDJVo&feature=related

Were a happy familyy - me and mum andf dad....
Ankolsen
Ankolsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shops - A general clean out !! Empty My opinion

Post  iostalin Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 pm

My view on those situation: just wipe all empty shops, and allow one shop per person.

I bet most people even not remember which of toons have shops and whats there, when they start that multi-shopping creating.

Personally me using only one shop. I use mail or froob alts to move stuff between toons.

Also, i see no single reason about notifying and waiting something to make such wipe. Its same story as was with org ranks.

People get org rank, break to play for couple years, all ranks filled with non played members, and - here we go - we need another org reset or something.

If somebody DONT CARE to inform and drop rank before break to play AO for some long time, or dont care to keep tracking of thier shops wisely - I DONT CARE to inform them about some wiping, and wait for something, so new people WHO ACTUALLY PLAY, must have problems or discomfort.

If somebody leave game for few years, and come back, and not find his shop which was empty and useless for all that time - he just start new shop.

I think such wipes need to make once in 2-3 months, to not make problems on a flat place.

P.S. Im hardly believe, somebody still remember their shop terminal location in org shop after such long break from AO.

Maybe my opinion is too much uncompromising, but after all - my main's name Iostalin, right?.... Very Happy
iostalin
iostalin

Back to top Go down

Post  iostalin Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 pm

P.S.S. Vamp is best and most beautiful woman on Earth! Very Happy
iostalin
iostalin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrising Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:39 am

iostalin wrote:P.S.S. Vamp is best and most beautiful woman on Earth! Very Happy

Hahahah! Bonus m8! Laughing
Bloodrising
Bloodrising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down